Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Speech Diary week one

Personal goals for Class:

I want to become better at delivering all information that is prepared. Many times I finish speaking and I wish that I had said this or that. I'll sit down and realize that I skipped an entire point that I had wanted to make. By controlling my nerves I can control the length and content of messages.

I need to listen more effectively when others are speaking. When others are speaking, I find myself coming up with the next thing I will say instead of completely listening and comprehending what they are trying to communicate. I usually jump to conclusions about what and why they are trying to communicate. I do this because my communicative reaction time is historically slow and I want to be ready to respond as soon as they are done talking.

I also hope to be more prepared when speaking to audiences. Making outlines and practicing speeches is something that will help me when preaching. Learning to find a balance in the amount of source citations to make and improving the general flow of speaking will help me to reach more people with my messages.


No comments:

Post a Comment